Register Your Property as a Location
Looking to rent your home, business or other property as a filming location? We can help you get noticed.
Renting space to film and television productions can provide a good source of income and potentially attract worldwide attention. Better still, it’s something to tell your family and friends!
There are two ways to register your property as a location:
- Upload your photos directly to our database through the Creative BC website. Click here for step-by-step instructions and to register.
- Email us your photos, and we will add your property to the database manually. To submit your photos please follow the guidelines below:
Choose the MEDIUM setting on your camera; image size needs to be minimum 1-2 MB. Photograph your property using the widest shots possible.
1. Exterior photos
- Start with the outside of your property.
- Shoot your neighbourhood street looking both ways.
- If it’s a house, take a wide shot of the house, driveway and yard.
- Take a wide shot of the back as well as the sides of the property.
2. Interior photos
- Next, shoot the inside of the property one room or area at a time.
- Pay attention to any special features (bay windows, indoor pool, stairway).
- Try to duplicate the experience of someone arriving at the location walking through the building.
- Stand on one corner of the room you are photographing and take a picture.
- Next, take a “reverse” shot by walking over to the opposite corner of the room and take a photograph of the area you were just standing in.
- Show entrances in your photos if possible.
NOTE: Do not take “closeup” shots of door knobs, pets, or decorative items.
3. Save the photos
- Save each image as a .jpg file.
- Make sure you label each location photo accordingly (eg. “kitchen.jpg,” “bathroom.jpg,” “back view.jpg”).
- Please do NOT add any text directly onto a photo, we are unable to use any images containing text.
- We only accept images submitted as individual .jpg files.
4. Additional information
- Include ALL your contact information – Full name, email address, phone number, address of the property.
- Include any other information about the property such as available parking, noise concerns, proximity to highway or airport, filming restrictions, etc.
- Please remember to provide contact information including the property owner or authorized person, phone numbers including cell number, address and postal code with your photofile.
5. Sending your photos
- Upload your photos directly on creative BC’s website: Click Here
What our customers said
We had a fantastic time. Great production value. Thanks for the hospitality.
Grace Gilroy Executive Producer
That was impressively fast. Thanks so much. I look forward to filming in Victoria again.
Christian Bruyere Line Producer.
We are back to Paris; a big thank you for your help for our film “Dispersées par le vent – No Regrets.
Christian Monnier & Danielle Lauren Producers.
Wow…looks great, Thanks for the speedy turnaround.
Allan Lewis Producer, Front Street Pictures
Kathleen was extremely helpful during our shoot in Victoria on Descendants last summer. Helping to pave the way for us to film at some very high end, logistically challenging locations such as Hatley Castle also known as Royal Roads and the BC legislature building.
Tracey Jefferies Line Producer.
I’ve scouted for numerous film locations over the last 35 years in Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Vancouver and in over 10 of the United States as well as several Canadian provinces and islands in the Bahamas. The Victoria Film Commission, with their attention to detail, in-depth knowledge of the processes of film production and rapid response capabilities, is second to none of the location centres or areas I’ve listed above. My latest film, to be shot in the Victoria municipal region has over fifteen locations ranging from an elite mansion to police holding cell. I found all of those locations in a single two-day tour of the area with the commissioner herself, Kathleen Gilbert
Allan Harmon Producer, Really Real Films Inc.
Wow…talk about great fast service. THANK YOU!!
Vicki Sotheran Producer, Sodona Films Ltd.
It went awesome. Day one was checkmark after checkmark after checkmark. Day two we toured the Sooke area – what a great start! Thank you so much for helping to get this setup and finding those rooms!
Matthias Mellinghaus Head of Production, Bron Studios.
Sponsoring the film commission has proven to be valuable not only for the off-season business we receive but because we know we are supporting economic development in the CRD
Annie Wong-Harrison National Car Rental and Arbutus Inn (Gold Sponsor)
Thank you for all your help and time getting us set up with your organisation. So far it has produced some good leads as well as some business.
Chris Philpott Sales Manager, Richlock Rentals Ltd